Alpaca Wool Mattress Pads
Alpaca Wool Mattress Pads with Organic Cotton Cover- Twin
Availability: Ships in 1-2 weeks
Item #: CM-MP ORTW
The alpaca wool in these mattress pads is the vital ingredient when getting a comfortable, stress free and healthy night’s sleep. The organic and natural mattress pad is made from 70% alpaca wool to create the warm, cozy feeling, while its durability comes from the other 30% made up of sheep’s wool. An added benefit when using wool is it does not harbor dust-mites, mold and other allergens. The hypoallergenic mattress pad is covered with 100% organic cotton. Includes elastic corner straps to secure it in place on the mattress.
- Wool is Dust mite resistant: dust mites have a difficult time setting up house in wool fill
- High quality workmanship
- Filled with a 70/30 wool blend from organically grown Alpaca and sheep
- Covered in organic cotton (260 tc)
- Softer and lighter than most wool
- Cleaned with natural products and is not chemically treated
- No pesticides, herbicides, dyes or bleaches are used
Alpaca & sheeps wool mattress pads are made of 70% alpaca wool and 30% sheep's wool that absorb up to 35% of their weight in moisture - keeping you dry and comfortable in one of the warmest natural fibers available. Synthetic materials used on typical bedding material does not breathe and can emit toxic fumes as they age - affecting sleep and breathing.
Why use organically grown Alpaca wool? It is stronger, softer and lighter than most sheep's wool. Our mattress pads are made using two ounces of alpaca wool per square foot. Elastic is placed in each corner to help keep it in place on your mattress. Before ordering, please check the measurements of your bed and compare with our finished mattress pad measurements. Note: these mattress pads are not as thick as a feather bed.
Is this wool hypoallergenic? Yes, alpaca and sheep's wool are very clean and dry. The wool is grown without herbicides in a stress free environment and the animals are not dipped in pesticide baths. No chemicals, dyes or bleaches have been used during the processing. This wool does not contain lanolin or grease. The wool has been cleaned with natural products and is not chemically treated.
Dust mites have a difficult time setting up house in a wool mattress pad because of it's dry, porous nature. Dust mites can live in foam, polyester and some down products and are one of the leading causes of asthma and allergies in the bedroom. In addition, many people who are allergic to feathers or synthetics have no reaction to these wool mattress pads and claim to have a more restful sleep.
About the Alpaca wool mattress pads: each mattress pad is filled with 100% natural, organically grown alpaca wool fiber for warmth and comfort and then blended with some sheep’s wool for more loft and durability. The animals are raised in a pesticide, herbicide and stress free environment and their wool is a renewable resource. No chemicals, dyes or bleaches are used when the wool is processed. This wool does not contain lanolin or grease. Each pad is covered using 100% 260 thread count organic cotton and features elastic straps to secure it in place on the mattress. At the end of its long life, the whole product is 100% biodegradable. Wool mattress pads are washable and available in twin, double, queen and king sizes.