Blueair 203 Air Purifiers
Blueair 203 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filter
Availability: Not shipping until 2013-03-29
Item #: BL-AP 203H
- Model Choices
- How it Works
The smallest of the Blueair air purifiers, the 203 is a perfect fit for a bedroom, college dorm room or small office. They quickly and quietly will create a clean air sanctuary for you with their revolutionary HEPASilent™ technology. The Blueair 203 is Energy Star Certified and run on only 20-50 watts. They also use only one nontoxic, recyclable polypropylene filter that won't harm the environment at the end of its useful life. The Blueair 203 cleans an area up to 175 sq. ft. and features manual controls with the added bonus of a filter change indicator. Available with your choice of filter to fit your air purification needs, HEPASilent particle filter or SmokeStop gas and odor filter.
- Excellent Particulate Filtration: patented HEPASilent filtration technology combines the best of both mechanical and electrostatic technology with ionic filtration technology and is effective at capturing 99.97% of the tiniest 0.1 micron particles on low speed
- Choice of Filtration:
- HEPASilent™ Filters: 1 HEPASilent particle filter of polypropylene. Good for general indoor air pollution control including pollen grains, house dust mites, mold spores, pet dander and more
- Gas & Odor SmokeStop™ Filters: 1 GO SmokeStop™ particle and gas filter offers 2.0 lbs. of coconut shell activated carbon impregnated with a 70/30 blend of Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) and Potassium Iodide (KI) to addresses common household gases and odors.
- Extremely Quiet Operation: Blueair’s low-density filters clean larger volumes of air more quietly than any other unit in the industry.
- 3 Fan speeds: 1) HEPASilent for nighttime use, 2) Moderate fan speed for daytime use, 3) Maximum fan speed for fast cleaning or very polluted air
- Filters Resist Contamination: Blueair filters naturally resist contamination from bacteria, viruses and mold, without chemical additives or weekly washes. They are made of polypropylene, which is a waterproof material.
- Filter Change Indicator: included with 203 models, this magnetic timer reminds you to change your filter every six months as recommended for optimal performance of your Blueair air purifier. The filter change indicator is a timer that counts down from 182 days (6 months). The timer is independent of actual run time. When 15 days remain to filter change, the blue LED light will flash. There is a snooze button that will let you turn it off for five days at a time. When 0 days remain, change the filter and reset the timer for another 182 days (6 months).
- Blue Indicator Light: the blue light simply reveals the machine is on and working
- Built in Carry Handles: unit is light enough that it is easy moved from room to room with the built in carry handles – no need for casters
- Durable Steel Construction: the external parts are made of galvanized steel and have been powder coated for durability and environmental protection that produces no chemical off gassing. The air purifier housing is easy to wipe clean, and won't pick up grime and oily stains the way plastic can.
- Easy Maintenance: to change the filters, simply open the side, slide out the used filters and drop in the replacements every six months. No screws, hooks or tools are necessary.
- Environmentally Safe Filter: Blueair replaces standard triclosan-coated paper or glass filter fibers, which can harm the environment when released into the waste stream, with safer, nontoxic polypropylene. This revolutionary filter media is one of the least harmful plastics, producing only carbon dioxide and water as it decomposes. Used filters are 100% recyclable and do not release toxins into landfills or the air.
- Energy Star Qualified: very energy efficient using only 21 watts on low, and 43 watts on high speed
Blueair 203 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filter
Blueair 203 Air Purifier with GO SmokeStop Filter
How it Works
The Blueair 200 Series Air Purifiers intake air through the back of the unit. The air is passed through the pre-filter where large particles are trapped, then through the electrostatic HEPA-type filter where the small particles are trapped, and then through the ionization chamber where the air mixes with negative ions. Negative ions are then released with the clean air through the top of the unit. The ions collide with the particles in the room air and the particles become charged. Then when the air cycles back through the unit, the charged particles cling to the electrostatic filter media. The combined filtration technologies allow the Blueair Air Purifiers to achieve 99.97% filtration efficiency.
The Blueair 203 is the quietest air purifier Blueair offers. If you use it in the bedroom, you don't have to worry about a quiet night's sleep. Also, it won't be a distraction in an office, study or den. These sleek, contemporary machines have won several European design awards, so it fits nicely with your décor.
We were astonished at how easy it is to change the environmentally-friendly filters. It takes all of 30 seconds at most, with no tools and no fussing trying to figure out what goes where. As long as you replace your filter with Blueair replacement filters every six months, your air purifier is covered against manufacturer's defects for a full 10 years. The one feature missing from these air purifiers is a replacement light indicator so you know when to change the filters. If you need more than just particle filtration, Blueair offers SmokeStop™ filters for the 203 include 2.0 lbs of carbon for smoke, gas and odor control.
This air cleaner is Energy Star Certified and comes complete with built-in carrying handles, 3 fan speeds and easy to change filters.
|Air Purifiers Cleaning Capacity||175 sq. ft. area|
|Finish / Color||White|
|Housing||Galvanized Swedish steel|
|Filters included||HEPASilent Filter: 1 Hepa-type particle filter
Gas & Odor (GO) SmokeStop Filter: 1 Hepa-type particle filter with 2 lbs. activated carbon for smoke, odor and gas removal
|Air Purifiers Filter Materials||Nontoxic polypropylene filter media to trap particles and activated carbon filter media to remove gases. 100% free of harmful triclosan, and glass fibers.|
|Avg. air filter life||6 months|
|Air Flow Rate for fan speeds (cfm = cubic feet per minute)||1= 80 cfm
2= 115 cfm
3= 140 cfm
|Air purifiers noise level (decibels)||29 to 44 dba|
|Clean air density rate (CADR): The amount of clean air measured in cubic ft. per min. that is delivered||Smoke = 115
Dust = 115
Pollen = 115
|Mobility of Air Purifiers||Unit is easy to move weighing only 25 lbs.|
|"Replace Filter" Indicator||Yes - magnetic filter change indicator timer|
|Display panel on air purifier||no|
|Power Consumption||20-50 Watts|
|Ozonation||no ozone emission|
|Size of air purifier||21"H x 17"W x 9.5"D|
|Maintenance of air purifiers||Wipe exterior with a soft, clean, damp cloth; vacuum the small inlets and inside the ion chamber with a soft brush attachment as needed; replace filter twice a year.|
Whether you're a light sleeper or work in small spaces, then Blueair is the perfect match for you. The Blueair 203 air purifier is about the quietest you're going to find at such a great value. Their HEPASilent™ polypropylene filters are nontoxic and biodegradable and won't harm the environment. These Energy Star Certified machines are easy to maintain - just plug it in and prepare to breathe fresh, clean air. We recommend the 203 with SmokeStop™ filters if you want filtration of particles as well as smoke, gases and odors.