Organic Cotton Kids and Baby Crib Bedding
Click to enlarge image
See alternative views below
Organic Cotton Crib Sheet Sets
This item is not currently available.
See Bright Prints Collection
- 100% organic materials
- Uses 100% recycled fill
- Low-impact printing process
These whimsical print cotton sheet sets are 100% organic cotton, 100% sustainable materials and 100% domestic production and are available in three different adorable styles. "Lions, Tigers & Kitties…Oh My!" are a bold, bright print with primary colors and animal pattern. "Lovelines" features sweet shades of pink. "Supercharged" is in electric blue & bold red with a hot rod car print. Such enticing colors and patterns wipe out the notion that only bland colors can be used in organic sheets. These sheets are green and modern with a sense of playful motifs and color. Each hip and fun print is created by a low-impact printing process approved by the Organic Trade Association. While all of the bumper, quilt and pillow fill is made from fibers that may have just came from a recycled plastic bottle! By providing your child with these colorful organic sheet sets you are creating a healthy and positive impact on the environment and the life around them.
- Cotton sateen is 100% certified organic (no pesticides or herbicides)
- 220 thread count
- Printing is low-impact (approved by the Organic Trade Association). Less harmful to the planet than using vegetable dyes which require heavy metals to apply
- Eco-Spun 100% recycled polyester fill
- Regenerated fill: regenerated PET (PolyEthylene Terephthalate) fibers from processing discarded bottles.
- PET is an inert plastic and does not leach harmful materials into its contents
- Features playful motifs throughout each piece of bedding
- Sustainable design made in the U.S.A. and in a sweatshop free environment
- All sheet sets are packaged in recycled kraft paper bands then placed in a trash can liner (that can be used). Ultimately helps reduce already existing waste
- 1 Reversible comforter- 36" x 50"
- 1 Reversible Bumper
- 1 Fitted sheet- fits a 6" x 52" x 27" standard size crib mattress
- 1 Crib skirt- 14" drop
- 1 Reversible Comforter- 36" x 50"
- 2 Fitted sheets- fits a 6" x 52" x 27" standard size crib mattress
- 1 Standard Pillow Case
Why Buy Organic Cotton: All linens are 100% certified organic cotton. Organic cotton is a vital part of the eco-friendly puzzle. That's because conventionally grown cotton is one of the most environmentally damaging materials. Conventional cotton uses more insecticides and pesticides than any other single crop (like corn, or soybeans). It takes one-third of a pound of toxic chemicals to grow one pound of cotton (enough for one t-shirt). Currently, conventional cotton farming uses approximately 2.5% of the world’s farmland but consumes 25% of the world’s chemical insecticides. These chemicals are closer to home than you may think. Many of these toxins will enter the soil your children play on, the air they breathe, the water they drink and the foods they eat. By supporting and using organic materials you reduce children’s (and adults') exposure to these harmful toxins.
Furthermore, by supporting an organic cotton farmer, you have chosen a product that is not subsidized by taxes, relying heavily on oil, or poses serious health risks to the farmers and their neighboring community. By promoting a sustainable system of life, we are also eliminating an enormous amount of chemicals being placed in the ground, water and air that ultimately lead to harmful effects on human life.
About REFILL, the eco-friendly fill:
REFILL offers an environmentally friendly choice and used in all bumper covers and quilts. REFILL is regenerated PET (PolyEthylene Terephthalate) fibers from processing, cleaning and recycling discarded bottles. Americans use about 4,500,00,000,000 lbs of plastic bottles per year and only 1,000,000,000 lbs are recycled. A plastic bottle can take up to 700 years to decompose but recycled PET can take these bottles out of our landfills to create new products such as carpet, fabric, shoes, fiberfill and sweaters.
The manufacturer of these delightful organic bedding sets believe "green is about leaving tiny footprints on this planet." These bedding sets do just that by using certified organic fabrics, utilizing a low impact dye/print process, using minimal packaging with 100% recycled content and reducing already existing waste and converting used plastic bottles into bedding fill. This new bedding line makes it easy for you to choose healthy, organic products and taking important steps in a "greener direction."