Tall Tower Floor Lamps
Click to enlarge image
Tower Floor Lamps
Availability: In stock
Item #: ED-LI TOWR
- Inner portion of lampshade crafted from abaca paper
- The outer lampshade made of abaca fiber
- Handmade under Fair Trade conditions
Availability: Usually ships within 2-3 days.
- The artists use real abaca rope around the outer diffuser, wrapped around a carefully hidden wrought iron frame.
- The inner diffuser is made from real handmade abaca paper layer over a heat resistant lamp backing.
- All UL approved electrical components.
- Available in two sizes:
- Large - 10" diameter x 48" tall
- Giant - 10" diameter x 72" tall
Compact fluorescent light bulbs are highly recommended. These bulbs will get nice and bright without the added heat of a standard incandescent bulb. These bulbs also last much longer, in many cases over five years. On average, a 13-watt fluorescent bulb will create the same lumens of light as a standard 60-watt light bulb and a 26-watt fluorescent light bulb will have the same light output as a 100-watt incandescent bulb.
The abaca plant is fast growing and resembles the banana. The species matures in about 18 to 24 months and consists of 12 to 30 stalks from a central root system. Each stalk grows between 12 and 20 feet high. Different parts of the plant make different products such as abaca rope, twine, or paper. Abaca is special in that it will re-grow from the same root system after being cut and it can be grown within the rainforest without destroying critical habitat.
The inner diffuser paper is applied to a heat resistant lamp backing, similar to the backing found on any standard lamp.