Attic Door Insulation Covers
Progressive Attic Pull Down Insulation Covers
Availability: In stock
Item #: E4-MT STAR
- Reduces cost of heating and cooling your home
- Made from 40% recycled material
Availability: Usually ships within 2 days.
Are you unknowingly heating or cooling the attic of your home? There are three issues when considering how to eliminate heat transfer from the attic in the summer or from the home in the winter. First, there is air leakage caused by poor fitting attic staircases. Secondly, heat escapes by traveling through solid objects either escaping through the attic in the winter time or migrating into the living spaces in the summer time. Finally, heat is radiated from the roof into your living area the same way that heat travels from a stove to your hands when you place your hands near the burner. All of these issues can be addressed through the simple installation of the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover. Our attic insulating covers provide an effective seal against drafts, heat or air conditioning loss, and they are simple, easy-to-install systems for energy savings. Made in the USA.
Progressive Attic Pull Down Insulation Covers
Progressive Knee Wall Attic Insulation Covers
Progressive Whole House Fan Insulation Covers
Installs in less than ten minutes! No tools required.
1. Remove the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover from the shipping box and packing bag.
2. Unfold the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover
3. Open the attic access pull-down stairway and extend the ladder to the floor.
4. Apply a bead of silicon caulking around the inside of the framework just above the pull-down stairway frame.
5. Open the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover up with the front section zipper pulls facing toward the floor and at the hinged end of the folding stairway.
6. Push the sides of the perimeter wall against the inner framework where you had previously applied the bead of silicon caulking and press in place. Make sure the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover side, front, and rear sections are attached to the inside of the framework and the perimeter wall is pushed down against the pull-down stairway frame as far as it will go.
7. Recheck the perimeter wall to ensure that all sections are adhered to the framework. (Place some staples at the corners if you plan to use the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover before the caulking is cured (24 hrs.).
8. Let the silicon setup for 24 hours to cure.
9. You can now begin using the Progressive Attic Insulation Cover for access to the attic.
10. Your new Progressive Attic Insulation Cover starts saving you on your energy bill right away.
How it Works
The Progressive Attic Insulation Cover unit is composed of a multi-layer foam composite with radiant barriers on each side. This design prevents energy loss from your home in three ways. First, heat is trapped in the attic during the summer to be dispensed via the attic fan instead of warming up the air in your living area. Second, during this time frame, air conditioned air inside the home is maintained by keeping it from escaping thru the pull-down stairs in the attic. Third, heat is contained inside your home during the winter, while keeping the cold air in the attic.
The Progressive attic insulators offer an R-13 insulation value for protecting yourself from heat loss into the attic. This is a decent, middle of the road insulation value but there are other design-specific features which may make the Progressive attic insulators attractive to certain customers. Many home owners do not have the ability to easily install an attic entry insulator as they have no floor board that surrounds the entrance. The Progressive attic insulator installs on the inner framework of the attic entrance. This eliminates the need for the home owner to install plywood around the attic opening. Additionally, this attic insulator uses a zipper for opening and the entry point has a very low front wall. This makes getting into the attic from the stairs much easier as there is not a high wall to get over. Lastly, the insulation is a double-sided, reflective thermal barrier. This design prevents heat from moving from the attic into your home during cooling season for a true year-round solution.
The insulation of these attic insulators has a respectable effective R-13 value. This unit will surely save you money when heating your home but will also work to keep the heat in the attic when you are cooling the home.
The materials in the Progressive attic insulators are recyclable and made in the USA. The Progressive attic insulators are designed with use and mind. If you frequently access your attic, this product is a good choice.
Installation of the attic pulldown may be a littler trickier than some as you will be installing to the inside wall. First, you will want to use silicon caulk to seal it, then use a commercial stapler to further hold the unit in place. Installation time should be about 45 minutes.
Using the Progressive attic insulator is simple, thanks to the two-way zipper and low front wall height.
The overall value of this attic insulator is good if you are willing to sacrifice some insulation capability for an ease of use. Again, the zipper and low wall height are what we are talking about here. You can buy an attic insulator with higher insulation value, but it may come at the cost of easy attic access
This unit provides a mid-tier level of insulation at R-13.
1 of 1 (100%) customers would recommend this product to a friend.
The Progressive attic insulator is a good solid product with some basic pros and cons. It only offers an effective R-13 insulation rating, which is not terrible but you can find better for your home. However, this attic insulator with it’s two-way zipper and low wall height means that getting in and out of the attic is about as easy as it gets. This insulation/ ease-of-use trade off certainly must be considered. You can buy an insulator with double the insulation value, but it is likely to make getting in and out of the attic much more difficult. If you are looking for ease-of-use but still want a respectable insulation R-value, then the Progressive unit is a solid choice.