Fountain Jet Home Soda Makers
Click to enlarge image
See alternative views below
Fountain Jet Home Soda Makers
Availability: In Stock. Usually ships out the next day. Ships within the 48 contiguous US onlyShipping Costs*
Item #: CU-SM FOUN
The Fountain Jet Soda Makers, with its classic design and easy-to-use operation, will quickly create delicious, freshly-made soda pop and seltzer at home. Your family will enjoy fresh, seltzer or great tasting soda with the flavoring kits (included with the deluxe package). No more lugging or wasting money on store bought soda bottles! There are environmental benefits to purchasing an at-home soda maker, as well. An average family of four in the United States consumes over 200 liters of carbonated drinks per year. That's about 2500 soda containers that may get recycled - which still takes resources to process - or worse, the bottles may end up in landfills. However, if you have an at-home soda maker, then you can enjoy delicious, home made, natural seltzer water and soda pop as you do your part in helping the environment, without any compromise.
- Fountain Jet home soda maker
- One 60-liter licensed carbonator
- 1 reusable carbonating bottle
- 1 hermetic seal bottle cap
- Cost efficient: By making your own seltzer at home with the soda machine, the costs per liter starts at just 18 cents; store bought seltzer costs, at minimum, 42 cents per liter. Think of the savings.
- Earth Friendly: Fewer recyclables and disposable bottles going to landfills
- Healthy: Regular flavors have 2/3 less sugar, carbs and calories than store bought soda; Diet flavors are sweetened with Splenda and contain no aspartame
- Safe for children: Operates without batteries or electricity
- Reusable carbonating bottles: specially designed, high pressure-resistant bottles. BPA-free and made with environmentally-friendly materials
- Bottle's cap have a special hermetic seal that keeps soda from going flat
- Makes soda in less than a minute
- Dimensions: 16.7"H x 5.3"W x 7.9"D
- Weight: 2.58 lbs (without carbonator and bottle attached)
- Colors available: Silver/black, red/silver, or white
How it Works
1. Fill the carbonating bottle with very cold water. Do not add sodamix yet! Sodamix is added only after the water is carbonated.
2. Press the lever and twist the carbonating bottle into your soda maker.
3. Press the carbonating button all the way down in short, firm bursts and release. You will hear a "hissing" sound. Repeat several times until you hear a LOUD BUZZ. 3 loud buzzes provide average carbonation.
4. Tilt the bottle and very slowly add some sodamix flavor. Close the bottle tightly, shake well and allow to settle.
When you need to replace your carbonating bottle, soda mixes or order additional supplies, simply call the 800 number printed on the bottle. Average cost for a family of four per year: $30 to $50 (depending on amount of soda consumed)
Alco2Jet Carbonators: (refill information for canisters and flavors will be included in the soda maker box) Made from modern, lightweight aluminum to the highest US safety standards, carbonators transform water into refreshing seltzer. Enjoy a glass of seltzer ... or add your favorite sodamix syrup.
Reusable Carbonating Bottles: Made by a special process that withstands carbonation, these clear plastic (PET) reusable bottles will last several years. With Soda-Club you'll be helping the environment by saving on waste or recycling aluminum cans and plastic bottles. Each bottle also comes with a special cap with a hermetic seal that keeps your soda carbonated long after you first open it. No more throwing away flat soda! These carbonating bottles are recyclable and toxin-free.
The soda makers use renewable power - an exchangeable Alco2Jet Carbonator. When empty, the carbonators should be returned to the manufacturer to be cleaned, inspected and refilled with food grade CO2 drawn naturally from the air. Does not require electricity or batteries to operate!
The Fountain Jet is the original home soda maker that started it all. The Fountain Jet is available in three different color schemes: silver/ black, silver/ red or white. The base level soda maker empowers you to stop buying store bought soda, reduce your recycling levels and help you save some money while you are at it. The plastic bottles that come with the Fountain Jet hold about two and a half servings per and are used for both making and serving the soda or seltzer. The reusable plastic bottles are BPS-Free and come with hermetic seal caps to prevent your seltzer or soda from losing it’s fizz.
The green factor of the Fountain Jet soda maker is simple, obvious and actually makes sense. Once you start making seltzer or soda at home, there is no need to purchase store bought brands anymore. This means there are no bottles to recycle.
Using the Fountain Jet soda maker is simple. Fill the plastic bottle to the water-fill line, screw the threaded bottle neck in place and then push the carbonating button down about three times. Remove the bottle by tilting it towards you (you will hear some carbonation escape at this point) and enjoy sparkling water or add soda syrup for your fresh soda. The bottle cap holds in the fizz.
The construction of the Fountain Jet is of good quality. The Fountain Jet uses a push button on the top of unit which is not the easiest deign. We prefer either the pull handle which is offered on the Pure and Penguin models. We have had one in the office for testing, demos, company parties for about three years and the unit has had no problems whatsoever.
The 2-year warranty is good for a product like the Fountain Jet. There are not a lot of moving parts so unless there is a manufacturer defect which would be determined out of the box, you should not experience any problems. The manufacturer is easy to deal with and puts customer satisfaction first.
Overall value for price is the same as the other soda maker models in many ways, but it is likely to boil down to design preference since the machine will be sitting on your countertop. You will not need to purchase store-bought soda, you will save money and enjoy these convenience factosr. The Fountain Jet is the most affordable soda maker from Soda Club.
The plastic bottles are not dishwasher friendly, so you must wash these by hand.
The plastic bottles have an expiration date so you can only expect to get about three years of use from the time you receive them.
If you overfill the bottle, you are likely to over flow the catch basin when releasing the bottle
7 of 7 (100%) customers would recommend this product to a friend.