Water Heater Blankets
Click to enlarge image
Progressive Hot Water Heater Cover for Gas or Electric Heaters
Availability: In stockShipping Costs*
Item #: E4-MT WATH
- Saves energy and money
- Manufactured from at least 40% recycled materials
Availability: Usually ships within 2 days.
Install a radiant barrier insulation blanket on your hot water heater and you will save 4-9% on your water heating costs. The radiant barrier blankets are manufactured in the USA and consist of at least 40% recyclable materials. A radiant barrier foil-foam-foil blanket eliminates standby heat loss by preventing heat from escaping your tank. This insulation keeps the water hotter longer and prevents unnecessary start and stop operation ofr the water heater. Flexible foam and aluminum materials are used by consumers routinely and are safe for the environment.
- Effective R-Value of 13
- Save 4-9% water heating costs
- Manufactured with 40% recycled materials
- Safe, no fibers to breath or cause skin irritation
- Material is waterproof and non-absorbent creating a vapor Barrier unaffected by moisture.
- If it gets wet, it will continue to provide insulation value - does not need to be replaced!
Installer may attach one side of the foil tape to the tank blanket vertically after cutting to size. During installation, the blanket is wrapped around the heater and joined together where the other side of adhesive liner can be removed to join the blanket ends together. The kit includes 96 inches of scrim-reinforced (has fiberglass strands embedded in tape for strength) tape with acrylic adhesive that includes a split back liner to aid in ease of installation. Acrylic adhesive strengthens with age and resists degradation in temperature extremes.