Twin Garden Compost Bins by Mantis
Click to enlarge image
Mantis ComposT-Twin Garden Compost Bins
Availability: In stockPlus $25.00 freight charge*
Item #: MS-GA COTW
- Makes compost instead of landfill waste
- Helps restore organic matter to the soil
Availability: Usually ships within 2 - 3 business days.
What allows the Mantis ComposT-Twin rotating composter to be so unique is its double chamber design and the ability to “cook” your compost in one chamber, while leaving room to fill the second chamber with plenty of organic scraps. The value of composting is endless and the ComposT-Twin makes it so easy to do! Just simply add your compost materials to one of the chambers, turn the padded handle to spin the drum (no more back-breaking work) and within weeks you’ll have rich, dark, vital fertilizer to invigorate the look and feel of your garden and yard. No mess, no smells, no unattractive bin and more importantly no filling up landfills with your scraps!
- Holds up to 25 cubic feet of raw material (10 bushels) in each chamber
- Aerator vents on each door: allows oxygen to enter the chamber
- Vented end caps assure even air flow and proper drainage
- Bins are fully enclosed and elevated to keep rodents, pets and other wildlife out
- Features two latches on each door to keep contents secure
- 32” high frame for convenient and easy loading and unloading
- Easy-crank handle and gear mechanisms – makes the drum easy to turn even when full loaded
- No mess or smells
- Includes free video and a “CompostT-Twin Guide to Composting” booklet that answers many commonly asked questions about compost and composting
Compost Plus Activator: Contains all the necessary organisms and nutrient sources to start the compost process more quickly and efficiently. Specially formulate to compost lawn clippings brown leaves, wood chips, pine needles, twigs, etc. It’s a nutrient energy source for a fast start, and is specially formulated to speed up the natural decomposition process for a fast, complete composting.
Compost Thermometer: 20” thermometer to measure the temperature of the heat core of your compost. Measures up to 220°F. Helps you determine if your compost is properly “cooking.” Simply place right in the camber of your CompostT-Twin.
Moisture Meter: Accurately measures the moisture in your compost to let you know immediately whether to add water or not. Simply place in the chamber of your CompostT-Twin. Also useful for household plants.
Compost Kit: Includes both the Moisture Meter and Compost Thermometer at a special money-saving price. Two useful tools to ensure quick, thorough decomposition in the pile or bin.
Sifter Screen: Makes composter easier than ever. When your compost is “cooked”, and you’re ready to empty the barrel, just replace the door with the Sifter Screen. Now you’re ready to sift out the smaller particles. Simply turn the drum of your CompostT-Twin and watch the fine particles of compost fall through the screen into your container or wheelbarrow. No tools needed.
CompostT-Twin Cover: Weather-resistant tarp protects your CompostT-Twin from winter elements or any other time when you’re not making compost. Durable, waterproof and vinyl-coated. Features grommets at bottom to secure it to the frame.
Easy Compost Book: Softcover, 112-page guide that includes essential composting tips, what to put into the pile, how best to use compost, etc. The secret to great soil and spectacular plants.
How it Works
Composting will reduce the amount of solid waste you generate. By doing this, you will save space in municipal landfills, which will in turn save you tax money. About one third of the space in landfills is taken up with organic waste from our yards and kitchens. This is just the type of material than be used in compost. Finished compost also has the advantage of being a useful natural and healthier fertilizer for your garden and yard. It provides an almost constant source of free fertilizer and soil conditioner.
Compositing is an essential part of reducing household wastes. Organic material is broken down by microorganisms and oxygen to a point where it can be safely stored, handled and applied to the environment. A holding bin such as the Mantis CompostT-Twin, is the easiest way to compost as it only requires placing wastes into the bin as they are generated.
Compost is the end product of a complex feeding pattern involving hundreds of different organisms such as bacteria, worms, and fungi. After these organisms break down the organic materials a rich, earthy substance is produced. The nutrients in this substance are what your garden and yard will love. By knowing the combination of heat, moisture, air and materials, the composting process is able to speed up and produce excellent compost. The CompostT-Twin includes an informational video and “Guide to Composting” packet to start you off in the right direction with composting.
Simple steps to the perfect compost:
- Location: Place your Mantis ComposT-Twin in a location that is preferably shady yet convenient to your kitchen and garden.
- Assemble ingredients: The secret to great compost is a balance of green matter (such as grass clippings and vegetable wastes) and brown matter (such as fallen leaves and straw). Your compost material also needs air and water
- Chop ingredients before adding: In a “cooking” compost mixture, billions of microorganisms chew up organic matter, converting it to dark, rich humus. The smaller pieces, the faster this process takes place
- Mix and Cook: Turn the CompostT-Twin chamber daily to provide the air necessary to “cook” the compost
- Add water: Bacteria needs moisture to thrive so add water to keep the pile moist but not soggy.
- Newspapers, carboard
- Coffee ground and filters
- Algae, seaweed
- Corn cobs
- Manure (horse, cow, pig, rabbit, chicken)
- Oak leaves
- Sawdust, wood shavings
- Pine needles and cones
- Bones, meats, dairy products or any products containing animal fats
- Dog or cat waste
- Invasive plants (such as ivy and morning glory vines), poisonous plants (including poison oak and poison ivy) or invasive weeds
- Plants that are diseased, insect-infested or treated with pesticides or herbicides
- Any non-organic materials such as plastics or synthetic fibers
1 of 1 (100%) customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Do you have kitchen scraps, newspapers, cardboard, pine needles and grass clippings constantly piling up in your kitchen and yard? As a result, you throw away these scraps which eventually fill up our landfills. With the CompostT-Twin you now have the opportunity to benefit greatly from these scraps and decrease the amount of waste entering our landfills. Our compost bin will naturally produce valuable nutrients and top quality soil for your garden and yard. The instructional video and packet, unique handle and gear system for rotation, compact and stylish design is just some of the features that make composting fun and easy. It’s a win-win situation!