Miele Callisto S5281 Canister Vacuums
Click to enlarge image
See alternative views below
S5281 Callisto Vacuum - SEB 228 full-size Power brush
Availability: In stock
Item #: MI-VA 528128
- Larger dust bags
- Designed to last for years
- Reduces landfill waste
Price Reduction - Save $30!
The S5281 Callisto vacuum cleaner from Miele represents one of the best values within the mid-size S5 series. Superior HEPA filtration, extra large fiber vacuum bags and full size power brush, gives it enough suction to tackle thick, plush carpets. Sharp Euro styling, a silence setting for ultra quiet vacuuming, rubber bumper guards to protect your furniture, and a 33 foot cleaning radius, are all state of the art features. The Miele Callisto vacuum cleaner also includes a swivel parquet bare floor brush for your hardwood floors.
- HEPA Filtration: The superior performance of the active HEPA Filter traps tiny particulates for clean air and filtration of dust, dust mites, allergens and more making it easy for allergy and asthma sufferers to vacuum. The S5’s Active HEPA filter coupled with its sealed system construction received certification from the DMT Air Quality Testing for “Excellent Air Quality”
- AirClean Dust bag: New electrostatic dust bags have better airflow for better performance. The large 4.8 qt. bag allows for longer use and has a spring-loaded self-sealing closure. Miele dust bags are part of the sealed system design ensuring excellent air quality, optimum performance of suction power and safe use of the full bag’s capacity thanks to the dust bag replacement indicator
- Standard Floor tools: The Miele Callisto S5281 comes with the full-size Electro Plus Powerbrush SEB 228 with a 14" cleaning path and 5 carpet height adjustment. Perfect for all types of carpet and densities. Also includes the Parquet Twister SBB 300-3 floor brush with genuine horsehair bristles and 90° rotating head to gently clean smooth highly polished floors
- On-board tools: Includes 3 on-board tools hidden under the main body of the vacuum: crevice tool for hard-to-clean corners and next to walls, a dust brush with natural bristles and swivel head for gently cleaning moldings and ornate or carved articles and upholstery tool for mattresses, cushions and curtains
- Power Adjustment: The Callisto features a 6-level power adjustment for use on different flooring; located on canister
- User friendly Controls: Power on/off foot switch, rotary dial on canister to adjust suction, convenient automatic power cord rewind switch, colored marker indicates when to change Dust bag, safety shut-off on overheating
- Lightweight and Sleek: This canister vacuum is lightweight making it easy to use for everyone
The Callisto is a great value for the price. It lacks some of the luxury features of the Capricorn, but has the same quality of the Miele design and construction. First of all, the vacuum is lightweight making it easy to maneuver and carry up stairs. The handy dust bag change indicator tells you when your bag is full. The active HEPA filter and Miele’s sealed system design allow the Callisto to provide excellent air quality as you vacuum. The deluxe Parquet Floor brush, with a new improved swivel design, is most helpful when cleaning in hard to reach areas like under the bed or around furniture. Overall a great vacuum that is easy to use and ideal for all types of flooring including plush carpets and delicate bare flooring.
|Type of vacuum||Mid size canister|
|Finish - Color||Black|
|Vacuum Cleaner hood material||ABS plastic|
|Motor (watts)||1200 watt Miele-made Vortex Motor System|
|Pre-motor filter for motor protection||Yes|
|Airflow (cfm - cubic feet per minute)||141 cfm|
|Radius of Use (reach)||33 ft|
|Included Standard Floor tool(s)||Electro Comfort SEB 228 Power brush, Deluxe Parquet Twister SBB 300-3 bare floor brush|
|Included onboard tools||crevice nozzel, dusting brush, upholstery nozzel|
|Suction adjustment||6-stage rotary dial on canister|
|Vacuum maneuverability||Deluxe handle, 3 smooth-running 360° castor wheels mounted on steel axles and flexible hose|
|Carpet Position||5 settings|
|Indicator lights on vacuum canister||Bag change|
|Standard hose||Electric direct connect, dual swivel hose (SES 119)|
|Vacuum wand||Electric, stainless steel telescopic wand (SET 220)|
|Wand park feature||Yes|
|Vacuum bag capacity||4.76 qt|
|Replacement vacuum dust bags||Type GN AirClean™|
|Fingertip controls||Brush roll on/off|
|Auto-reverse cable rewind||Yes|
|Vacuum Dimensions||8.25"H x 10"W x 19"L|
|Weight of vacuum||13.5 lbs|
Leading principle of the Miele company philosophy: "Our aim is to manufacture and market durable products to the highest quality standards, using economical and ecologically compatible processes which not only demonstrate a high level of performance, efficiency and safety, but also place the least possible burden on the environment."
ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS AND PRODUCT DURABILITY
- All our appliances are the best performers when it comes to saving energy. All of them: Miele is not in the game of packing all its environmental credentials into a single showcase product.
- All Miele appliances are designed to last at least 20 years. That it is better for the environment or household appliances to be long lasting than to have to dispose of two or even three appliances over the same period is obvious. And in this respect, Miele products are clearly the better choice because they are made to a very large extent from metal, which is much easier to recycle. The cast-iron counterweights used by Miele are not only much more resistant in the long-term, but also much kinder to the environment than the concrete blocks used by all other manufacturers.
- Ongoing optimization of production processes minimizes waste, effluents and emissions. There is no superfluous packaging, and the materials used are recyclable. Critical materials such as coatings and solders are reduced to the absolute minimum. Miele uses district heating and has implemented numerous energy-saving programs in production and administration. Our logistics are designed for maximum efficiency, and all our vehicles are low-emission.
The Callisto comes equipped with an active HEPA filter, large and very efficient 4.76 qt. dust bag, dust bag change indicator, sealed system design, silence insulation, integrated rubber PVC bumpers guards and ability to fit multiple floor tools and accessories. The Callisto is only available with the deluxe parquet floor brush SBB 300-3 and full-size power brush SEB 228, which is great for houses with a combination of bare floors and medium to thick pile carpets. The Callisto is a great value for the price.