Hypodown Down Pillows Natural & Unbleached
Hypodown 800 Fill Quality Down Pillows - Standard
This item is not currently available.
- Natural unbleached, undyed nature
- Durable for years to come
These beautiful pillows feature a natural and breathable hypoallergenic combination of white goose down and Syriaca that will relax you the second your head hits the pillow. The Hypodown blend is four times warmer than most synthetics and up to eleven times as durable, providing you a sustainable night’s sleep. The unbleached, undyed and chemical free 312 thread count cover and 100% cotton fabric pillow shell gives a touch to a more natural and healthier environment for years to come. Give your head the comfort it deserves after a long day!
3 types of pillow firmness available:
- Soft pillows - good for petite people, and prevents the head from being raised too high and promotes circulation by keeping the neck straight
- Medium pillows - good for back sleepers to support their heads from being too elevated or sinking too low
- Firm pillows - good for tall or larger people, or side sleepers who need to fill the space between their neck and shoulders to provide proper spine alignment
How it Works
|Hypodown is Hypoallergenic: Goose
down can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not the down
that does this, however, but rather it is the dust particles remaining
on the down after washing and processing. Our comforters and pillows
are guaranteed by the manufacturer to be hypoallergenic. This is accomplished
by combining syriaca clusters (commonly known as milkweed) with the
down. The syriaca clusters enhance the natural properties of the down
as well as stabilize the components that cause people to suffer down
allergies from their comforters. These comforters contains 80% European goose down and 20% syriaca clusters. These comforters come in larger sizes - perfect for covering today's pillowtop mattresses.
Note: Hypodown has been tested in the offices of Allergy and Asthma Doctors in the United States and Europe. These tests prove that most people who are allergic to down can use Hypodown without reactions.
are hypoallergenic and stabilize the components in down that cause
allergic reactions when used as fill in comforters.
floss is a natural hollow fiber that is hypo-allergenic by itself.
When syriaca floss and goose down are combined, the floss traps and
suppresses the dust and dander to which some people have allergic
reactions to. These clusters actually enhance the natural properties
of down and are a fantastic fill for comforters and pillows. Syriaca clusters
are cleaned and separated from the pods through mechanical action
and air. No chemicals are used. It takes 800 pods to make one pound
of Syriaca clusters.
Note: Many down comforters found in retail stores have fill powers of 550 or less.
Hypodown comes in different fill powers which is the technical term for the space one ounce of down occupies in cubic inches. The higher the fill power, the better the clusters are at trapping air and keeping you warm. Higher fill power also gives you more warmth with a lighter weight comforter. Goose down has little to no odor. If it does not say goose down on the law label, It is most likely duck down and a lot less expensive. Hypodown only utilizes high quality goose down. The down and syriaca in these comforters is the cleanest, least treated fibers we could find anywhere. The down is de-dusted and gently washed up to 8 times in an environmentally friendly cleansing solution and rinsed three times. This cleaning process and renders it pH neutral. This is the most hypoallergenic down pillows we could find - due to the quality of materials used, cleaning process and the addition of the addition of the natural syriaca clusters.
These pillows are sold in three fill powers: 600, 700 and 800 fill. 80% Pure Hungarian Goose Down and 20% Syriaca Clusters.
- 800 fill: The 80% of down in the 800 fill pillow contains 95% large plumule down clusters and only 5% of down plumule pieces.
- 700 fill: The 80% of down in the 700 fill pillow contains 85% large plumule down clusters and 15% of down plumule pieces.
- 600 fill: The 600 fill is 75% large plumule down clusters and 25% of down plumule pieces
Thread count of pillow:
These beautiful hypo-allergenic European goose down pillows have a thread count of 312. Thread count is the number of threads per inch of a fabric. The higher the count, the smoother and silkier the fabric feels. The higher thread count also provides a stronger barrier to any of the fill escaping from the pillow.
How are Hypodown® pillows made?
- Down is harvested during the natural molting process from farm raised geese; the cleanest, fluffiest down is sought after
- The processing team captures large syriaca clusters extracted from the finest pods in U.S. farms, and transfers them to the patented Hypodown Blender
- The Hypodown blender combines the syriaca clusters and goose down
- Forced air whirls and twirls, mixing the two fibers creating Hypodown
- A 312 thread count double pillow shell is unbleached, undyed ecru colored 100% cotton fabric, specially constructed to contain the hypodown fill
About Hypodown Fill Down Pillows: The pure and innovate blend of Hypodown and syriaca clusters have been tested by allergy doctors and guaranteed to be allergy-free. These pillows contain 80% Hungarian European goose down and 20% syriaca clusters and then covered with an unbleached, undyed, formaldehyde free 100% cotton fabric pillow shell. The 600, 700 and 800 fill is lightweight, durable and encourages circulation while sleeping. With all of these added benefits and comfort, you may never want to get up out of bed! Available in Standard, Queen or King sizes with a choice of three types of firmness (soft, medium or firm).