Pure Home Soda Makers
Click to enlarge image
See alternative views below
Pure Home Soda Makers
Availability: In Stock. Usually ships out the next day. Ships within the 48 contiguous US only
Item #: CU-SM PURE
- Helps reduce yearly household recycling volume
- No electricity or batteries required
The Pure Soda Maker adds elegance and practicality to any kitchen while transforming water into fresh, great tasting seltzer or soda pop. Your family will enjoy creating fresh, seltzer or great tasting soda with the flavoring kits (included with the deluxe package), plus you save money, compared to store bought soda. There are environmental benefits to purchasing an at-home soda maker, as well. An average family of four in the United States consumes over 200 liters of carbonated drinks per year. That's about 2500 soda containers that may get recycled - which still takes resources to process - or worse, the bottles may end up in landfills. However, if you have an at-home soda maker, then you can enjoy delicious, home made, natural seltzer water and soda pop as you do your part in helping the environment, without any compromise.
- Pure home soda maker
- One 60-liter licensed carbonator
- 1 reusable carbonating bottle
- 1 hermetic-sealed cap
- Colors available: Black and silver or white and silver
- Cost efficient: By making your own seltzer at home with the soda machine, the costs per liter starts at just 18 cents; store bought seltzer costs, at minimum, 42 cents per liter. Think of the savings.
- Earth Friendly: Fewer recyclables and disposable bottles going to landfills
- Healthy: Regular flavors have 2/3 less sugar, carbs and calories than store bought soda; Diet flavors are sweetened with Splenda and contain no aspartame
- Safe for children: Operates without batteries or electricity
- Reusable carbonating bottles: specially designed, high pressure-resistant bottles. BPA-free and made with environmentally-friendly materials
- Bottle's cap have a special hermetic seal that keeps soda from going flat
- Makes soda in less than a minute
- Dimensions: 16.7"H x 5.7"W x 9.4"D
- Weight: 3.75 lbs (without carbonator and bottle attached)
- 2-year warranty
How it Works
1. Fill the carbonating bottle with very cold water. Do not add sodamix yet! Sodamix is added only after the water is carbonated.
2. Press the lever and twist the carbonating bottle into your soda maker.
3. Press the carbonating button all the way down in short, firm bursts and release. You will hear a "hissing" sound. Repeat several times until you hear a LOUD BUZZ. 3 loud buzzes provide average carbonation.
4. Tilt the bottle and very slowly add some sodamix flavor. Close the bottle tightly, shake well and allow to settle. Enjoy!
When you need to replace your carbonating bottle, soda mixes or order additional supplies, simply call the 800 number printed on the bottle. Average cost for a family of four per year: $30 to $50 (depending on amount of soda consumed)
The soda makers use renewable power - an exchangeable Alco2Jet Carbonator. When empty, the carbonators should be returned to the manufacturer to be cleaned, inspected and refilled with food grade CO2 drawn naturally from the air.
Alco2Jet Carbonators (refill information for canisters and flavors will be included in the soda maker box): Made from modern, lightweight aluminum to the highest US safety standards, carbonators transform water into refreshing seltzer. Enjoy a glass of seltzer ... or add your favorite sodamix syrup flavor.
Reusable Carbonating Bottles: Made by a special process that withstands carbonation, these clear plastic (PET) reusable bottles will last several years. With Soda-Club you'll be helping the environment by saving on waste or recycling aluminum cans and plastic bottles. Each bottle also comes with a special cap with a hermetic seal that keeps your soda carbonated long after you first open it. No more throwing away flat soda! These carbonating bottles are recyclable and toxin-free.
The Pure home soda maker is available in either stainless/white or a stainless/ black combo which looks almost as good as the it’s big brother, the Penguin. The Pure will empower you to stop buying store bought soda, reduce your recycling levels and help you save some money while you are at it. The Pure’s plastic bottles hold about two and a half servings per and are used for both making and serving the soda or seltzer. The reusable plastic bottles are BPS-Free and come with hermetic seal caps to prevent your seltzer or soda from losing it’s fizz.
The green factor of the Pure soda maker is simple, obvious and actually makes sense. Once you start making seltzer or soda at home, there is no need to purchase store bought brands anymore. This means there are no bottles to recycle.
Using the Pure soda maker is simple. Fill the plastic bottle to the water-fill line, screw the threaded bottle neck in place and then pull the lever towards you about three times. Remove the bottle by tilting it towards you (you will hear some carbonation escape at this point) and enjoy sparkling water or add soda syrup for your fresh soda. The bottle cap holds in the fizz.
The construction of the Pure is of very good quality. The front facing carbonating handle is the easiest to use soda maker design. We have had one in the office for testing, demos, company parties for about three years and the unit has had no problems whatsoever. The Pure is designed to look good in a designer kitchen and it will.
The 2-year warranty is good for a product like the Pure. There are not a lot of moving parts so unless there is a manufacturer defect which would be determined out of the box, you should not experience any problems. The manufacturer is easy to deal with and puts customer satisfaction first.
Overall value for price is a bit subjective when it comes to the Pure. You will not need to buy store soda, you will save money and the convenience factor. Ultimately, you are paying more money for a better looking soda maker as compared to one of the base models.
The plastic bottles are not dishwasher friendly, so you must wash these by hand.
If you overfill the bottle, you are likely to over flow the catch basin when releasing the bottle