Reliable Digital Velocity V100 Steam Irons
Reliable Digital Velocity V100 Steam Iron
Click to enlarge image
See alternative views below
Reliable Digital Velocity V100 Steam Iron
This item is not currently available.
- Effectively irons in less time - reduces energy
- Reduces exposure to harmful chemicals like Percelorethylene
- Does not have a coated soleplate
The Reliable Digital Velocity V100 Irons feature a revolutionary and patented internal steam generator to produce more continuous steam than conventional irons. Eliminate the need to send your cherished clothes to dry cleaners and use the Digital Velocity pressurized steam irons for professional quality results. Not only do traditional dry cleaners cost you money, many also use synthetics, such as Perclorethylene, which are harmful to the environment and your health. Unlike traditional irons that produce steam with the soleplate heat, the V100 features an internal steam generator which allows you to adjust the soleplate temperature to accommodate the fabric being pressed (lower temperatures can be used without water spitting). The unique soleplate design also provides a uniform temperature and concentrated steam holes for quick, smooth and dry ironing. The V100 model and its unique Eco-Intelligent system will stop the iron from steaming after 3 seconds of not detecting movement. Simply pick up and start ironing when ready again, no need to touch any buttons. Featuring an electronic control system and LCD panel to display the temperature level selected, amount of steam selected, auto shut-off indicator, water tank refilling indicator and an anti-scale filter replacement indicator. Everything you need is in one simple design! Woolmark approved and safe to use on delicate fabrics.
- Revolutionary temperature control: doesn’t produce steam with the soleplate heat like traditional irons, but generates it within the iron, so you can adjust the soleplate temperature to the exact needs of the fabric you are pressing. No need for damp towels and other tricks to achieve optimum results. No water sputtering and spitting. At last, steam and low temperature are compatible.
- Acoustic warning device beeps when the desired temperature is reached, when the auto shut-off safety system is activated and each time you press a selection button.
- Equipped with an innovative electronic control system with LCD display, which allows for easier, more accurate and safer regulation of the iron functions. The panel displays: temperature level selected and when effectively reached, amount of steam selected, auto shut-off indicator, water tank refilling indicator, anti-scaling system replacement indicator
- Concentrated steam gets the job done. More holes won’t make an iron more powerful but their arrangement and diameter will. The Velocity soleplate surface has an exclusive design with steam holes concentrated at the tip. This prepares fabric with a constant and abundant outflow of steam for quicker ironing. A flawless finish is achieved by grooves that help smooth and dry the garment.
- Eco-Intelligent Feature (V100 model only): Saves energy and water. System will stop the iron from steaming after 3 seconds of not detecting movement. When ready to iron again, simply pick up and begin pressing. There is no need to touch a button for steam
- Steam ready feature (V100 model only): Allows the user to iron continuously without the auto shut-off feature. When activated, the iron will not shut off, unless manually turned off by the user.
- Steam volume of 30g/min: a micro-motor and pump "pushes" steam through the soleplate giving a great volume of steam. There’s no need for a burst function when the steam is this powerful.
- Anti-scale cartridge: if you are in a hard water area, the build up of minerals such as calcium can be very detrimental to an iron. While distilled water is recommended, a replaceable anti-scale cartridge actively removes minerals from whatever water is being used, prolonging the life and improving the performance of the iron. It is recommended to replace the cartridge (subject to use) every 6 – 12 months.
- Does not have a coated soleplate: Reliable does not put any spray coating on the irons. The coatings on irons will eventually scratch off and may become airborne and harmful to your health
- Woolmark approved: first and only iron for home use that acts like it's a pro iron. The approval confirms it is safe to use on delicate wool fabrics
- Ergonomically designed handle to reduce hand and wrist stress
- 1800 watt heating element
- Steam pressure: 15 g/min to 30 g/min
- 360° swivel chord
- Stainless steel sole plate
- Steam holes at the tip
- Auto shut-off feature
How it Works
Conventional irons work by you setting the thermostat on the iron to the required temperature, pressing a button for steam where the water from the reservoir is released to the soleplate and then produces steam. The shortcomings of this method of creating steam are experienced when the temperature you require is too low for the water to be converted to steam. The results are typically spitting water/steam and in some cases ruining the garment
The Reliable Digital Velocity compact vapor generator irons work differently by using two heating elements. The first heating element is mounted inside the iron, and is used to pre-heat the water to steam temperature. The second heating element is built right into the soleplate and is controlled by the digital buttons on the irons handle. Because the water is pre-heating using the first heating element, no matter what temperature setting you choose for your soleplate, you only get dry, even steam without spitting