Santa Fe Max Dry Dehumidifiers
Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT Crawl Space Dehumidifiers
Click to enlarge image
Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT Dehumidifiers
This item is not currently available.
The Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT dehumidifiers are intelligently designed for large crawl spaces, basements and other residential areas where air flow and temperature issues are present. These Energy Star Certified dehumidifiers also protect your wallet and remove two to three times more water for the same cost as operating typical residential dehumidifiers. The Max Dry operates down to 45°F and is the perfect solution for removing up to 150 pints of moisture per day for large areas up to 3,600 square feet. They also feature a horizontal design to easily fit in narrow, tight spaces and dual air distribution with side vents to boost dehumidification efficiency. So help keep your home and wallet green with our line of Santa Fe energy efficient dehumidifiers! We offer an array of accessories to tackle the most challenging applications.
- High capacity, energy efficient dehumidification
- Water removal capacity: 150 pints/day
- Dehumidification area: 3,600 sq. ft.
- Dual-air circulation: patent-pending air distribution flows air out from vents located on both sides of the unit for more balanced humidity control and air circulation
- High-capacity (415 cfm) blower: moves air in a way that no small mass-merchant unit can. It's horizontal configuration and flow-through design performs exceptionally well in crawlspaces
- Lower temperature operation: These have a high quality built-in defrost system designed for operation in cooler environments down to 45°F
- Energy Star rated: Meets EPA government standards to earn Energy Star rating of 3.74 liters (7.9 pints) per kilowatt hour
- Uses R410a refrigerant: Has lower toxicity, does not contain chlorine, and has no ozone depletion potential. EPA recommended replacement for R-22
- Adjustable Humidistat: Variable 20% to 90% RH suitable for variable environment and cycles off and on automatically
- Air Filtration: equipped with a standard MERV-6 efficient pleated fabric filter filter for capturing particles (including mold spores) down to one micron in size.
- Defrost Cycle: includes a defrost cycle and timed defrost function. This prevents internal damage caused by excessive frost forming within the unit. When the unit is experiencing excessive frost the system will stop dehumidifying and the fan will run until normal operation conditions are present
- Contains a blower switch: Permits continuous blower operation independent of dehumidification
- Condensate pump with tubing: Santa Fe Max Dry Crawl Space has a Condensate Pump Kit sold separately below
- Gravity flow water drain: For condensate drainage
- Made in USA
- Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT 2-Year Replacement Filter Package: Contains 4 MERV 11 filters (replace every 6 months) and 1 foam pre-filter (replace every 2 years). Dimensions: 16" x 20" x 2"
- Santa Fe Condensate Pump Kit for Max Dry Dual XT Models Only: The pump kit makes it easy to pump water from the Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT up to floor drains, such as a sink or window, not easily accessible from the unit. Pump features a 20’ hose and is capable of lifting water up to 10 feet.
- Santa Fe Caster Kit for Max Dry Dual XT Models: Easy-to-install caster wheel kit for moving the dehumidifier from one area to another. Threaded caster shafts screw into the unit base and replace leveling feet.
- Santa Fe Supply Duct Kit for Max Dry Dual XT Models: Two (2) 10" collars
- Santa Fe Return Duct Kit for Max Dry Dual XT Models: One (1) 12" Collar
- Santa Fe Remote Dehumidistat: Recommended when the dehumidifier is located in a remote location and the air is ducted in from another room. It is to be used with the duct kit for any of the Santa Fe Models to control the humidity in the room you want to dry. Note: This item is line voltage and requires installation by a licensed electrician.
The standard MERV 6 efficient pleated fabric filter should be checked every six months. The pleated fabric filter can generally be vacuumed clean several times before needing replacement. Operating the unit with a dirty filter will reduce dehumidifier capacity and efficiency and may cause the compressor to cycle on and off unnecessarily.
To increase the filtration of the air while maintaining its capacity and efficiency we offer the MERV 11 pleated fabric filter as a replacement. This is the same efficient filter used on all of the other Santa Fe models.
The Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT can be installed in a variety of locations to meet the owner’s needs:
- No Ducting (free-standing): the simplest installation is to place the unit in an area with no ducting. To ensure optimal performance, the air inlet and the outlet of the unit must be at least 1’ from walls and other obstructions to air flow
- Duct inlet and outlet: dehumidification performance can be modified by adding an inlet and/or outlet duct (duct kit available for purchase below) to circulate air. For optimal drying, use an inlet duct to draw warm, moist air near the ceiling.
- Remote area with outlets ducted:This method uses ducting between the Max Dry Dual XT unit discharge and the humid room; the Max Dry Dual XT inlet draws air from the room in which it’s located. This works well if there is an adequate air flow path between the two rooms; e.g. high door undercut, louvered door or wall grill. This eliminates the need to remote mount the humidity control.
- Remote area, duct inlet only: When the Max Dry Dual XT unit is located in a room separate from the main area to be dehumidified, it may be desirable to dehumidify and/or slightly pressurize that room. Pressurization assures that open combustion devices do not backdraft. This can be prevented by installing a duct from the humid room to the Max Dry Dual XT inlet and by allowing the Max Dry Dual XT to discharge dehumidified air into the room in which it’s located. An adequate air flow path must exist between the two rooms for this method to work properly.
|Coverage Area||3600 sq. ft.|
|Water Removal Capacity||150 pints per day set @ 80°F, 60% RH|
|Energy Factor (L/kWh)||3.74|
|Pints/ kWh||7.9 P|
|Operating Temperature Range||45°F – 95°F|
|Bucket Capacity||N/A - No buckets to empty|
|CFM||415 CFM at 0.0" WG
390 CFM at 0.2"WG
365 CFM at 0.4”"WG
|Power Supply||115 Volt – 1 Phase – 60 Hz – 6.9 amps - 850 Watts|
|Dimensions||Unit: 37"W x 22"H x 20 5/8"D
Shipping: 42"W x 28 1/4"H x 24"D
|Warranty||1 yr parts/labor. 5 yrs condenser, evaporator, compressor|
Dehumidifiers are known to use a lot of energy while in use and therefore show a noticeable increase on your electric bill. We are pleased to offer our line of Santa Fe dehumidifiers that are energy efficient, durable and powerful when removing large amounts of moisture in your home. Energy Star qualified dehumidifiers use 10-20% less energy and are constructed of more efficient compressors, fans and refrigeration coils as compared to conventional models.
The energy efficiency of dehumidifiers is also measured by its energy factor, in liters of water removed per kilowatt-hour (L/kWh) of energy consumed. In general, a higher energy factor means a more efficient dehumidifier. The Santa Fe Max Dry Dual XT dehumidifier meets EPA government standards and produces nearly 3.74 liters per kilowatt hour (and requires a relatively low 6.9 amps to operate).